Level 2 Orton-Gillingham: Advanced Morphology
Orton Gillingham Advanced Language Continuum Course
Level 2 Orton-Gillingham: Advanced Morphology
The Orton Gillingham Advanced Language Continuum Course is all-inclusive and covers the structure, organization, and sound units that are needed to develop skills for advanced reading and spelling. This course offers a plethora of resources to maximize the efficacy of an Orton-Gillingham Advanced Lesson.
Included in this Course:
- Overview of Dyslexia and the Orton Gillingham Approach
- All components of a successful Advanced Orton Gillingham lesson
- Initial and benchmark assessments
- Teaching resources
- Demonstration videos
- Unlimited access to course content
After completion of the Orton Gillingham comprehensive course requirements, the academy will award participants with a certificate of completion.
Click here for more information
An outline of the modules included in the Basic Language Level 1 course are as follows:
- Introduction & Welcome
- Module # 1: Advanced Language Pretest
- Module # 2: Introduction to Dyslexia
- Module # 3: Overview of the Orton Gillingham Approach
- Module # 4: Overview of the Advanced Orton Gillingham Lesson Plan
- Module # 5: Initial Assessments
- Module # 6: Transition Layer from Basic to Advanced Language
- Module # 7: Orton Gillingham Advanced Visual Drill
- Module # 8: Orton Gillingham Advanced Auditory Drill
- Module # 9: Orton Gillingham Advanced Blending Drill
- Module #10: Introducing New Materials
- Module # 11: Orton Gillingham Advanced Spelling
- Module # 12: Orton Gillingham Advanced Reading
- Module # 13: Non-Phonetic Advanced Sight Words
- Module # 14: Orton Gillingham Advanced Language Midterm
- Module # 15: Accent and Schwa
- Module # 16: Prefixes
- Module # 17: Suffixes
- Module # 18: Connectives
- Module # 19: Roots
- Module # 20: Vocabulary Development
- Module # 21: Teaching Grammar
- Module # 22: Advanced Lesson Plan Assignment
- Module # 23: Final Exam
- Module # 24: Video Observation Assignment
- Appendix includes Advanced Lesson Plans & Morpheme Families in six phases – all available in PDF format.
The course comes with all necessary materials in PDF & video format.
Course materials shipped to your home:
- Language Tool Kit (advanced phonogram deck & manual – shipped to your home or school)
Course materials in PDF format:
- Advanced Language Teacher’s Manual
- Informal Coding Assessment
- Complete Lesson Plan Package (in six phases)
- Morpheme Families eBook (word lists, passages, comprehension questions, & sentences for dictation)
- Visual Aids
- Is there a time limit or requirement for this course?
No, the online course does not have a time limit or requirement. The courses are self-paced and can be completed at a time that works best for you.
There are no “start dates,” as you can sign up and begin at any time. You can complete the course requirements on your own time, and submit them at a pace that works for you.
After purchasing the course, you will have unlimited access to the course content, and will be able to circle back to retake the course anytime.
*NOTE: Having said this, I would allot 30-40 hours to complete the course.
- Will I need to buy additional books for this course?
No, the course is all-inclusive and comes with all necessary materials to deliver successful Orton Gillingham lessons. The Advanced Teacher’s Manual, Informal Coding Assessment, Advanced Language Lesson Plans, and Morpheme Families eBooks are available in PDF format to be downloaded (and printed if desired).
- What if I do not want to print my own materials? What if I would like bound books shipped to me?
We do offer hard copies of the course materials (Advanced Teacher’s Manual and Informal Coding Assessment only) for an additional $100. If you would like hard copies of the course materials shipped to your home, you can send a request to email@example.com along with your address form after you have enrolled in the course.
- When I complete the course, will I receive a certificate of completion? If so, what will the certificate say?
Yes, you will receive a Certificate of Completion that will state that you have completed a 30-Hour Orton Gillingham Advanced Language Continuum (Level 2) Course. You may work with students using the knowledge that you have gleaned from the course.
- Do you offer CEUs for your courses?
We are not aligned with a university to provide CEUs or college credits. We contemplated aligning ourselves with a university in the Midwest; however, our enrollment fees would have increased considerably. It is our mission to continue to offer affordable resources for parents, teachers, & school districts.
- Why do I have to create a username and password for Moodle before I can enroll?
The login information that you create in Moodle is intended to protect your personal information, and give you access to information about our coursework. When you create a username and password, you are not obligated to purchase anything, but you can view the courses, webinars, and other resources that we offer on our online course platform.
- What happens if I forget my username and password?
If you forget your login information, you can follow the link that states “Forgotten your username or password?” This link will take you to a page in which you can type your username or email address. Once your account is located, you can then reset your password.
If you continue to have trouble with this process, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for further help.