Media and Dyslexia Resources:
- Understanding Learning Disabilities: How Difficult Can This Be? by Rick Lavoie. PBS Video. 1-800-344-3337 www.ricklavoie.com/videos.html . Allows viewers to experience the same frustration, anxiety, and tension that children with learning disabilities face in their daily lives.
- Beyond F.A.T. City: A Look Back, A Look Ahead, by Rick Lavoie. PBS (DVD www.ricklavoie.com/videos.html . Offers practical strategies as well as inspirational messages for parents and educators.
- Journey into Dyslexia, by Alan & Susan Raymond (DVD) http://www.hbo.com/documentaries/journey-into-dyslexia#/ . Profiles of students and adults with dyslexia who share their experiences of struggling in school…and succeeding in life.
- ADHD: What Do We Know?, by Russell Barkley. Guilford Publishing, 1992. www.russellbarkley.org Characteristics, prevalence, causes, and problems associated with ADHD.
- Last One Picked, First One Picked On, by Rick Lavoie. PBS Video. 1-800-344-3337 www.ricklavoie.com/videos.html . Describes how parents and teachers can help children overcome social difficulties.
*List provided the DII
We believe that all people have the right to reach their full potential. The Orton Gillingham Online Academy (OGOA) exists to serve children, adolescents, and adults with Dyslexia and Specific Learning/Language Disabilities (SLD). The Orton Gillingham Online Academy offers parents and teachers resources to assist with teaching our English language. We are dedicated and committed to present to you tools that will enhance the teaching/learning venue. It is our goal to maintain a standard of excellence for the practice of the Orton Gillingham Approach. We make it our mission to reach students all across the globe.